- Learn how to create custom charts as reusable components that can be integrated with your existing projects
- Design data-driven applications with several charts interacting between them
- Create an analytics dashboard to display real-time data using Node.js and D3
D3.js is one of the most popular and powerful tools for creating data visualizations. As the pressure to produce accurate and clear insights from data increases, D3.js remains a reliable and high-quality data visualization solution. Mastering D3.js provides you with clear and detailed guidance to help you dive deeper into D3, and learn how to create data visualizations that are capable of responding to the modern challenges of data. Taking a comprehensive approach to D3.js, and tackling everything you need to take your data visualization skills to another level of sophistication, Mastering D3.js is an essential book for anyone interested in the intersection of data science and design.
Use this advanced D3.js book to get to grips with cutting-edge data visualization. Learn how to create a reusable chart and a layout algorithm, before moving further into D3, as you learn how to make a color picker and develop an effective user interface. You will also find further practical information on how to create a quality user dashboard for high-quality big data analytics and tips to help you learn how to integrate mapping libraries.
The book concludes with a clear demonstration of how to create a real-time data visualization application with Firebase to give you a complete picture of what D3.js makes possible in data visualization today.
What you will Learn
- Discover the full potential of D3.js as an awesome data visualization technology
- Learn D3.js application development
- Use practical tips and insight from an expert to learn how to design and make an effective interface
- Learn how to create custom charts as reusable components to be integrated with existing projects
- Create a powerful and high-quality analytics dashboard
- Find out how to create custom maps and integrate D3 with third-party mapping libraries
- Follow steps to create data-driven applications by integrating D3 with Backbone
- Learn how to collaborate with Firebase for real-time data analytics
About the Author
Pablo Navarro Castillo is a mathematical engineer and developer. He earned his Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics from École des Mines de Saint-Etienne in France. After working for a few years in operations research and data analysis, he began to work as a data visualization consultant and developer. In 2014, he founded Masega, which is a data visualization agency based in Santiago, Chile, where he currently works.
Table of Contents
- Data Visualization
- Reusable Charts
- Creating Visualizations Without SVG
- Creating a Color Picker with D3
- Creating User Interface Elements
- Interaction Between Charts
- Creating a Charting Package
- Data-Driven Applications
- Creating a Dashboard
- Creating Maps
- Creating Advanced Maps
- Creating a Real-time Application
: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/22/d274695376/htdocs/morosan-websoft.com/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php
on line 405