Improve the performance of your PHP application to ensure the application users aren’t left waiting
About This Book
- Make the optimum use of PHP coding to improve your programming productivity
- Leverage the potential of PHP for server-side programming, memory management, and object-oriented programming
- Packed with real-life examples to help the readers implement concepts as they learn
Who This Book Is For
This book is for those who have basic experience in PHP programming. If you are developing performance-critical applications, then this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Setup high performance development and production environment for PHP 7
- Discover new OOP features in PHP 7 to achieve high performance
- Improve your PHP applications’ performance
- Attain improved database performance
- Benchmark PHP applications to optimize them
- Write quality code by learning to improve code reusability, simplicity, and expressiveness
- Get rid of the bottlenecks in your PHP 7 applications by writing PHP code optimally
- Tackle issues related to web applications, such as high user dependency and large datasets
PHP is a great language for building web applications. It is essentially a server-side scripting language that is also used for general-purpose programming. PHP 7 is the latest version, providing major backward-compatibility breaks and focusing on high performance and speed.
This fast-paced introduction to PHP 7 will improve your productivity and coding skills. The concepts covered will allow you, as a PHP programmer, to improve the performance standards of your applications. We will introduce you to the new features in PHP 7 and then will run through the concepts of object-oriented programming (OOP) in PHP 7. Next, we will shed some light on how to improve your PHP 7 applications’ performance and database performance. Through this book, you will be able to improve the performance of your programs using the various benchmarking tools discussed.
At the end, the book discusses some best practices in PHP programming to help you improve the quality of your code.
Style and approach
The book is a step-by-step guide to improve the quality of your code in PHP through real-time examples. The book takes a practical approach to improving the quality of your code.